The Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehra Dun invites applications for Walk-In-Interview for engaging Project Assistant for the Short term Project entitled “Population Genetic Structure and Gene Flow in Brown Bear (Ursus arctos isabellinus) Populations in India (Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand) and assess extent of gene flow between populations of India and Pakistan : Conservation and Forensic implications” purely on contractual basis for a period of two years. The EQ, DQ and other details of the Project Assistant are as provided below:
Number of Vacancies:
Name of the Post: Project Assistant
No.of Vacancies: 01 (One)
– Not exceeding 35 years as on the date of interview.
– Upper age limit in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC and Physically handicapped categories may be relaxed as per the rules.
– B.Sc. in Biological Sciences/Environmental Sciences/ Biotechnology with 60% aggregated marks and above from a recognized university.
– Working experience in Lab/Field work.
Description of Work:
– Required to visit Brown areas of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand for collection of field data and samples and undertake lab work, etc.
– Scale of Pay for the Post of Project Assistant is Rs. 10,000/- (Consolidated).
Project Title: “Population Genetic Structure and Gene Flow in Brown Bear (Ursus arctos isabellinus) Populations in India (Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand) and assess extent of gene flow between populations of India and Pakistan : Conservation and Forensic implications”.
Duration of Project: Two Years.
Location of Project Site: Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
– Candidates should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications along with certificate of extracurricular activities; date of birth, mark sheets of all examinations etc.
– The application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s website.
– All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of registration for necessary verification.
– The candidate should report by 09:30 hrs for scrutiny of documents on 27th April, 2016 followed by an Interview on the same day at 11:00 hrs.
Walk-In Date: 27/04/2016
Walk-In Time: 9:30 AM
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun – 248001,
You can download Application Form here.
For more information visit here WII Notification.
You can check the Official Website from here.
In case of query please leave a comment below.